Wednesday, March 11, 2009

God"s glory implies less of me

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 says “Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord are being transformed into his likeness with every increasing glory which comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.”

As the Spirit of God has control of my life greater Glory is reflected: more of him less of me. As I pursue my glory, less of the Spirit emanates from my life. The duality of motive is so profound in my alone. I tend to want to point to T.V. preachers or well marketed and slick self promoters and yet in my own heart there is no less competition for personal glory that vies for the place of God. Where his Spirit is in increasing measure so His glory is revealed in increasing measure: more of him, less of me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him". the message

There is such promise for those that allow God to enter their life and become bright and beautiful.

There is such sorrow for those that see the light and return to darkness.