Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cinderella

I was driving and Steven Curtis Chapman’s song “Cinderella” came on the radio. It’s a song about his little girl growing up and the opportunities to dance along the way. I probably should have pulled over but I just wiped the tears from my eyes and kept driving. I have three girls: 6, 8, and 14. Man, does life go fast. So many times the “weight of the world on my shoulders” has kept me from seizing the ‘dance.’ As they get to the age where they don’t want your attention as much, you wish you could go back and do it over. I don’t want to miss the “dance” for my selfish agenda or for the clamoring pseudo crisis of the world. Whether it’s “Butterfly Kisses” or “Cinderella,” the reminder to seize the day is just a song away.

3 comments:

Kyle Burkholder said...

keep reminding me. i have too many missed dances ahead of me already.

Anonymous said...

Life or death is but a heartbeat away. It is good to appreciate the value of life and God's creations. You have a beautiful family.

Jeff Harris said...

Kyle, you will have missed dances but when you get it right...you'll always remember! Archie, thanks for the reminder and the encouragement