Friday, August 31, 2007

The Airport

Southwest has a new boarding process and I was in an experiment group to field test this proposed new process. You line up basically the same way but just more numeric phases with the same A, B, and C concept. You get a better look at people... I was there watching and it's the weekend before school starts and a man was putting his teenaged son on the plane and I heard him say " I had fun son, I'll see you next summer" The boy nodded and kept his eyes forward. "section 20-30" was called and he began to move toward the gateway door. The Dad stepped off the line and turned toward his son...the son gave the ticket to the steward and stepped onto the gangway and never looked back! I was watching, I kept watching... he never looked back. I quickly looked to the father who had turned and was leaving, already on his cell phone checking his watch. "see you next summer"...God hates Divorce because it tears worlds apart and hardens hearts and causes son's to resent fathers and never look back.

No comments: