Saturday, September 1, 2007

40

I turned fourty recently and people were asking what I wanted? The truth was I really didn't want anything. Maybe a few hours to ride my bike, but as far as a gift I felt as though nothing was missing. As a result I got thing things I love the most, time with people I love and words of meaning. My kids wrote me notes and I will cherish them because they say the things that I have hoped to be and model. My mom and my sister wrote notes that touched me deeply knowing that the purpose of my life has not been missed by them. Friends wrote notes telling me of the impact my life has made on them...and my dad spent hours with me, and that was a gift in itself. The greatest gifts are free and they adorn the soul and there value exceeds what money could possibly purchase. As it turns out I was overwhelmed with gifts.

No comments: