Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Dialed In

Have you ever had someone that was just "Dialed in" to you ? They knew when you were up or down in a very uncanny...sixth sense kinda way? I have a few people like that in my life and they are not the ones that I'm around all the time. Which is interesting because it goes against the conventional perception of intimacy. These few confidants have a sixth sense of knowing when to call, to pray, to fast, to exhort or encourage and it's like clockwork. They are not people I sought out but that were just there...people God provided who have a heart for me. We don't ride bikes, or go to the movies or hang out as families but God placed them in my life and I feel a deep connection and sense of intimacy...I know they are in my life because they are following God. Coleridge said " no exertion of the legs can bring two minds closer together" There is truth that proximity doesn't mean intimacy...nor does distance necessarily mean the lack of intimacy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Jeff,

Sometimes I feel like you have dialed into me. We don't really know one another, yet I sit in service on Sunday morning and more often than not you speak on something that makes me believe you have been reading my mail that week. Granted, I know that is God talking through you, but man, it spooks me out every time..in a good hard look at myself kind of way. (Might I add here, noone else on this earth knows me that well except for my Mother who has incredible intuition and Sprit sense..) It is what keeps me at Grace Point, it is what I feel like led me to GP in the first place.

Thanks for your heart and your teaching. Thanks, also, for challenging me to be the very best God has for me to be.

Peace,
Sara Gwathmey