Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kindle

Finally after 3 months my Amazon Kindle arrived...it's an amazing book actually...or bookstore. About the size of a paper back I can download over 100,000 books from anywhere in the world anytime without accessing a wireless port...the whispernet technology connects to whatever wireless tower is available and downloads my pick for only the cost of the book. The features of highlighting, clipping, uploading to my pc and a whole host of other neat little nuances is quite nice. I have three books on my kindle plus the Bible and it all fits into the size of a 7x5 journal. It can hold 100's of books.
I have a feeling my kids will all have kindles...or some tech like it...they will get their newspaper on it, there blogs etc...There will be those of an older generation who won't adapt so quickly but in time we might all be carrying around our library in the palm of our hands.
I was brought up to understand 'if you lead you read'......I think that is true...the kindle is magic to a reader. I researched these for a while, and I waited...not my strength...but so far It has not disappointed. So here's to reading...may it allow you to lead.

4 comments:

Jeff Reininger said...

Man...first Kyle, now you get a Kindle. I saw his the other day! That's an amazing piece of technology. Hopefully one day I'll get one too. I think there's going to be an overflow of bookcases at resale shops soon!

Kyle Burkholder said...

mine should arrive with my parents on feb 1st.

oh, the kindle...

ry@n said...

jealous, am I

Sara said...

Wow!! I would love one, myself. Running to Amazon to check it out....

How cool technology can be!

Sara