Monday, August 18, 2008

Call It

The difficult thing about being a “call it like you see it” person is that it means in order to be consistent you have to “call it” on yourself sometimes. I have been guilty of holding my ground convinced that I’m right and I’m learning to lean into the Spirit and listen to His prompting--especially when I’m wrong. It’s easy to spot arrogance or selfishness in others and so much harder to spot it in yourself. Humility begins by listening and obeying even when you “call it like you see it” on yourself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

G-d, give me eyes to "see" and ears to hear...so that I can turn and be healed. Thank you, Jeff.

Jeff Harris said...

Daniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky

Anonymous said...

I was blessed, strengthened and encouraged. I think "it" was a 1st for me and I figure I have been to a church building over 5,000 times. That's a lot of church. Stay in the race! :)