Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wii

During the holidays I was over at a friend’s house and he was showing me his Nintendo Wii. We sat down and he showed me the golf game on this virtual interactive gaming system. The motions were life like and the graphics phenomenal and I was hooked! I said, “I could do this all day” and he said, “I don’t know about that, the other day I played so long and then suddenly I got up—I couldn’t even look at it anymore, I was sick of it!” There are so many things in my life just like that, virtual pleasures that I indulge in until I just get sick. Real pleasures you never tire of because they were designed to walk in, live in and truly enjoy. Virtual pleasures are quick and easy, entertaining and amusing but they do not last and they do not satisfy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The publication Joystiq says, "3.9 million PlayStation consoles sold in less than two months". There is obviously a need or vacuum being filled with virtual reality. It seems border-line mind control without the use of drugs. Wish I could say something positive about it, other than it is incredibly technically awesome.

There was a time when I couldn't put the Word down. The irrestible urge soon passed. The desire hasn't passed, but the urgency has. Why is that?