Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Searching for Santa

Last night on Christmas Eve my brother and I were sitting outside by a fire listening to music while the kids played with their toys. His wife had left to head back to his house in order to get ready for "santa". My brother said " you know even though my kids are bigger now (13 and 11) their favorite Christmas tradition is searching for Santa". He continued "every year since they were little I would take them for a walk around the neighborhood while Julie ( his wife) would set up for 'santa'...and now even though they know who santa is...that's still their favorite Christmas tradition". As we sat watching the fire listening it was getting close to santa searching time and I thought to myself....and many years from now when they have kids of their 0wn it will likely remain their favorite Christmas tradition. It's not so much the destination but the journey......

No comments: