Thursday, February 7, 2008

Epic Ride


Emilio my guide is part catelonian and part Mountain Goat his mantra is " to go down we must first go up" and up we went...and went and went...Emilio was gracious and waited on me to climb I said I was "sorry to slow us down" he assured me his day was carved out to make my ride perfect...and it was. From the top of the mountain we could see the Mediteranean and beautiful Barcleona meandering to the sea. We covered miles of single track and carved through a little village...at one point well into a rigorous ride it happened...the moment when the smile comes across your face because you are in the beauty God created, riding like a child pushing the edges of new found freedom and simply being...enjoying...Life. We finished the ride and Emilio and I went for a snack "tappas" and we reminisced about our epic ride...life and his trip to San Antonio so that I can return the favor. The payoff of a ear to ear smile is only gained my lung pounding climbing...and it's good to make new friends along the way....Epic indeed

No comments: