Sunday, February 17, 2008

Full Circle

A few years ago our church produced a Worship CD and one of the songs "I want my life to be" I helped co-write. It was a great project and our church really got behind the CD and it was well circulated.
Fast Forward to last month or four years later...my Niece has turned her life around and decided to focus on Jesus and distance herself from selfish and self destructive lifestyles. She has a new roommate from Saudi Arabia who is an active believer and she is reorienting her life and choices. As she stepped out of the shower she heard the song "I want my life to be" and she said hey is that my CD? Her roommate said no "it's mine". My niece replied " but that's my uncle's song....where did you get the CD"? She said "my youth minister when visiting the states came back to Saudi with the CD and gave it to me"...
My niece called me that morning to share the amazing story of how far and vast one act of worship can travel and how remarkable and significant seemingly unnoticed acts of faith can transform someone else. I praise God for allowing the little things to come full circle and remind me of how Great and Awesome, Deep and How wide his love is.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Jeff,
I gave this cd to one of the women at the Well House when it first came out..she was really having a hard time adjusting and was very negative. Should we say brutally negative. Mostly everything was "crap".

After maybe a month or so, she calls me to tell me she exchanged her life, and now her answer to everything was "Hallelujah" (not crap anymore).

She said she just loved the cd and played it all the time, could she have 2 more for her family, one of whom was incarcerated because he needed to hear the music.

From crap to hallelujah in less than 2 months..priceless!

The Grace Point cd made rounds..you should ask for stories cause there has to be more than mine and yours!

Peace,
Sara Gwathmey