Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Brotherhood

Psalm 133 says " how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell together in unity....it's like oil running down upon the beard...even Aaron's beard or it's like dew of Mount Hermon falling upon Zion.....the blessing of God "life forevermore" Unity is a saturating, life giving state...it is anointing and provision...it is blessing...Unity does not come without sacrifice, effort and strangely you at times must fight for unity. But to dwell together...unified...is good and pleasant! Sometimes I wonder what non-essential must I relinquish, what petty wrong must I forgive, what annoying gossip must I ignore etc.........in order to foster and cultivate unity and the fine balance of going to a Brother if I cannot ignore, reliquish or let go...in order that reconciliation might bless us both. How good and pleasant (like a massage), like a Ice Cold Coke on a Summer's day....Like spring rain over the recharge zone...blessing...Life...forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thank God for using you, Pastor Jeff and several others with this same Psalm 133. I've heard it and read it so much in the past few weeks! It helped me with my Life group.

"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
Galatians 6:9


Gaby Leal