Friday, October 19, 2007

The Canoe

Yesterday Connor and I began the epic process of building a Canoe for my father's birthday. My dad and Connor fish when Connor visits and a Canoe we decided was needed...500.00 minimum at Academy and after searching the web I found the instructions for an "affordable" canoe. We have plans and materials and today we will 'wet in' the canoe by applying fiberglass...I have no clue...but we are having a blast...we pray she holds water and we will "fair" her to make her "Yar"...We decided to name her either Tres Georges or George3 ( to the third power or cubed). Connor is George Connor and I am George Jeffrey and my dad is George Horton...there you have it. I don't know much about Canoe making but I'm enjoying my son and my hope is he and my dad will fish and paddle and memories will be made and wisdom will be passed down. Lyle Lovett sings "if I had a boat I'd ride out on the ocean and if I had a pony I ride it on my boat...we'd all go out together and ride upon the ocean me on pony on my boat"...I don't have a pony...but looks like I have a 'boat'.

No comments: