Thursday, October 18, 2007

God's iPod

Yesterday morning I was playing my guitar and it was early...it was one of those mornings when the chord progression just was right and the words just flowed...I felt inspired and I worship in what can only be described as a 'meditative' state...it just was. I thought that I needed to write the song down...it was in my estimation 'good' and with the rythym and lyrics in my head it might be something worth formalizing. The kids woke up, the day started, I had the best intentions and after crowding my head with the CD in my dash...it was gone...Every morning all around the world there are little, medium and big voices in showers, on walks, in the cars humming, singing, shouting original/new songs to God. Lyrics of praise, and redemption, gratitude and love. Rap and dissonant diatribes, as well as choruses of praise. A billion voices all individually heard and appreciated by my magnificent God who delights in the music that I sing only for Him...whether remembered or lost in the moment. All I know is that if God has an iPod I have several songs on it....I don't remember them...but He does.

No comments: