Friday, October 12, 2007

Shawshank Bubba

I've been in jail twice...only once overnight. My friend Bubba was a convict for 10 years for pushing cocaine. He was a bad$#@ motorcycle thug until he met Jesus on the inside. This was no Jailhouse conversion...this was the real deal...life altering, world changing, Jesus loving conversion and it touched everyone he came into contact. Bubba still has an affection for the Harley's...it gives him the sense of freedom...now that he's on the outside he values freedom more than most of us can fathom. Two nights ago he laid down his harley and now he's fighting to live once again. He fought to live when he was a dealer, to live on the inside against the gangs...he fought to live by giving his life to Jesus and he's fought through a head on car wreck and now this motorcycle accident. Things don't look good...but like everyone who has been imprisoned, by sin, fear,or circumstances there is hope. I don't know if I'll see Bubba again on this side, but I hope. I don't know if he'll say he little fella and wrap his big arms around me but I hope. I don't know if tears will fill his eyes after a message and I'll hear the words "preacher I sure do love you" but I hope...and if not, then I still hope.

1 comment:

Kyle Burkholder said...

thanks for sharing...

whatever the path, glory will rise.