Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Heels over Head

After the rain the Mountain Bike trails are brand new...the old trails have been washed out or blocked by fallen trees and so new trails emerge. There is a strange balance between riding as though things are the same and discovering new trails. Last night I found this out the hard way. My friend and I were flying through a very familar set of trails when all the sudden a fallen tree created an obstacle...new trail had been developed around the tree, he went one way and I the other...my trail descended rapidly and was undulating and then suddenly and yet in slow motion my rear wheel was above my head and I was in a semi flip...I lay on the ground still going through a mental check list and by the time my friend arrived I was back on my back..."are you alright"? for the most part I said...a bruised ego and a thigh bruise that will smart for a few days. Things change and as they do we have to adapt but sometimes the rate of speed at which we are traveling needs to adapt as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you're telling a story about your bike, but it feels like you're speaking right into my life. I love how God uses you to speak to me. Thanks for being such an awesome tool He's using in my life!