Monday, October 22, 2007

Icees

Last night my kids made the last Icee run of the season. This morning the forecasted cold front is blowing in and we wanted to capitalize on moment. The five of us stormed the local Valero each in search of their favorite flavor or mixture of flavors. We made a mess as we usually do because pouring your own Icee is an art. As we drove home the kids thanked me and Mc my 5 year old said " this is the best Icee run ever"...we laughed. The "blue northern" as my Nanny would call it isn't all that cold but it has pushed the temps down by 25 degrees...the main thing is seasons are changing and with each season change comes the opportunity to close out the out going season well and to prepare for the incoming season. Every season has its own beauty and wonder, challenges and hardships, but they don't last for ever and it's fun to celebrate them and mark them. The third week of february we will plant tomatoes in anticipation of spring...it is an act of faith...and on May 1 we will celebrate may day...the official Harris holiday with a day run to the beach...seasons come and go...but mark them well, in faith and hope and expectation that God is working it to good and the next greatest moment of your life is just a moment away.

1 comment:

Danilo Garcia said...

"I see" what "Icees" mean =)
The few posts of you I just read blessed me a lot.
I'm a worship leader from Brazil.
I've tried to keep my blog in English uptdated as the one in portuguese is, but it's been kinda hard to have time enough to do so.
www.worshipingdaily.blogspot.com

God bless you in all your ways!